PASTOR MRS IFUNANYA CONTINUED.
– Benny dear, we do not mean any harm. We look out for the best for you. Give us the babies and live a normal life like every young lady.
– God!!!! I cant believe this. mummy, just last week, while we worship, God promised to visit you. In fact he said it is time. Why are you doing this.
– Benny, pastor kelvin called, I am tired of waiting. Yes. A bird at hand is worth millions in the bush. We have housed you, clothe you, gave you a field to work on. Through knowing us, you have worked effectively in your ministry and have gained fame to an extent. I will appreciate it if you can show appreciation by giving us the babies. I am ready to pay any amount please my dear daughter.
– I can’t believe this. You both are still very young. Why this?
– hmmm, pastor Mrs ifunanya began, my husband has a problem medically. He can’t get a woman pregnant. I know about it. I married him out of love and hoped that there will be miracle. Please my dear daughter ( on her knees) don’t deny me the opportunity to be called mama ejima. Please.
– mumy stop this. Please sit down. I understand your predicaments. I know how you feel. I am sorry to say this but I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU BOTH. I also have medical problem. I have perforated womb but Jesus put not just one, two babies in there. My case is even worse.
I need these babies too. I have gone through such much for them. Do you think it’s a sweet experience to be chased out of my home by my own father? I have be labeled fake, prostitute, all sort of names because of this babies. I AM NOT GIVING UP MY BABIES.
Mumy, you will carry yours. I strongly believe God’s declaration upon your life that by this time next year, the cry of a baby will heard in this house. Don’t you know your God? Where is your faith?
-Pastor Mrs ifunanya replied, I don’t have faith anymore Benita, there is no point. I need babies. God is taking too long. I have ran out I f patience.
– I’M SO MUM AND DAD, YOU CANT HAVE MINE. I NEED THEM TOO. THEY ARE THE family I’VE GOT NOW.
PASTOR AND PASTOR MRS KELVIN LEFT BENITA’S ROOM ANGRY.
WHEN THEY LEFT, BENITA STOOD UP VERY ANGRY. SHE GOT A BOWL OF WATER AND OLIVE OIL.
– HMMM, ZINA, you are at it again. You belong to the marine. This water represents the marine and this ocean represents the power of the holy ghost, as I drop this oil in this water, let fire consume you.
Zina, you have tormented me enough. No matter what you do I will not serve you, in the name of Jesus, I come against you. You are defeated.
Since that day, life hasn’t been easy with Benita in that house. Most times, they lock up their kitchen and go out with the key just so Benita will not eat.
She came home from a ministration by 8 and was locked out. She called and called no way. She knocked and knocked no answer. She had to go to the house of a church member who lived close by to pass the night.
The lady is single. She lived in the big house alone with her cook and errand boy. She told Benny she is free to come in any time.
Benny worshipped all through that night. The next morning she came home. Her room was locked and her stuff kept in the laundry room.
Pastor Mrs ifunanya said…..
– my sisters are coming. They will be sleeping in that room. Use the laundry room henceforth.
-mum, please, there’s no bed in the laundry room. Please can I at list get mat.
– I don’t have mat.
– OK ma.Mum please can I use the kitchen, I’m hungry.
– I’m trying to manage my gas.
– Thank you ma.
That night Benita was so hungry. She took water and blessed it
– oh Lord, I bless you for this food. I shall eat and be satisfied. ( she drank and slept)
The next day, she went for hospital ministration and to see doctor Malcolm.
She was about leaving when he stopped her and said
-BENNY,I LOVE YOU. I WISH TO MARRY YOU.
TO BE CONTINUED.
-Excuse me? Benita replied, I’m sorry to ask, are you blind? Can’t you see I’m heavy. Did it ever cross your mind you could be asking a married woman to marry you?
- you are not married.
- how did you know? Cos I haven’t discussed anything private with you.
hmm, God told me. I have known about you, two years before you came here. I was in a relationship with a pastor’s daughter. She broke my heart by getting pregnant for the choir master. The cat was let out of the bag when she went for abortion and was bleeding furiously.
I was heart broken, I vowed never to have anything to do with pastor’s daughters or any lady in church anymore. I loved her so dearly. The blow was just too much. Someone who was even claiming to be a virgin.
My pastor said to me, IS THERE ANYONE NAMES BENITA in your life? I said no. He said, a lady will walk into your life very soon. Her name is Benita. She is your wife. The moment you set eyes on the right Benita, you will know.
(He moved close and held her hands) and for two years, I have been waiting. Lemme show you. (He got his diary and showed Benita where he wrote down the prophecy) I was in your church on Sunday. When I heard your story, and your ministration, my heart melted. There and then, I feel more deeply for you.
- I hate to be pitied. I am not pitiable.
no no no, it is not pity. Benny, I am willing to share this shame with you. I am willing to bring you into joy. I want to dry your eyes. I want to make you the queen you really are. You have been fighting alone. Lemme join you. Lemme help you carry this burden. I pledge to be the father of your children. I LOVE YOU BENNY.
BENITA WAS JUST SHEDDING TEARS.
- thanks. I will also like to pray about it.
A nurse rushed into the doctor’s office.
- sir, there is an emergency.
OK, on my way.( to Benita) duty call sweetheart. I expecting your reply by tomorrow please.
Benny stepped out of the doctor’s office. Outside was filled with people including police men. She saw 6 men in the pool of their own blood. There has been a robbery attack in a bank. Benita recognised one of the men. He was the one who raped her.
- oh my God. Benita said and fainted.
She was carried into a private ward. Doctor Malcolm instructed the other doctors and nurses on what to do. He rushed into Benita’s ward. As he was attending to her, he started hearing shouts.
- hey hole am o, he don run o, thief, thief, ole.
The next thing was a gunshot. The policeman killed the thief who tried to escape. He died on the spot.
Benny woke up.
-where are my? Jesus my head aches.
- relax dear. Doctor Malcolm replied. You passed out easier. What happened?
I saw him.
-The man who raped me. Doc, that man will die. God spoke to me that his end has come. I need to lead him to Christ. Please help me up. My mind will be at peace when I remember he has gone to be with the Lord.
- what? Benita are you OK? You want the man who did this to you to make heaven? You are so impossible. What?????
Doc pls hurry, take me to him please.
By the time they got there, it was already late. He was the one who tried to escape. HE WAS DEAD ALREADY.
WHAT A DAY FOR BENITA. She arrived home and was told by the kelvins to look for another apartment as they can’t allow her have her babies in their house.
-Benita smiled and said, weeping may remain for a night but joy commeth in the morning.
To be continued.
Benita asked Brenda if she could stay in her house while she looks for a place to stay. Brenda agreed. She told her not to bother looking for a place. She could stay with her as long as she wants.
Brenda stocked the house with food stuff. She made sure Benita wasn’t lacking anything.
Doctor Malcolm started coming close. He would always go visiting Benita almost everyday.
Brenda started having eyes for Malcolm.
Benita told Brenda about doctor Malcolm’s intentions.
- Dr Malcolm wants to marry me.
what? Is he blind? What’s he doing with a pregnant woman?
ask me o. I’m still praying about it.
hmm, see this girl o. You are still praying about it? Even in this condition? This girl sef. Who dey reason to marry heavily pregnant woman. You still won pray.
hmmm, Brenda, no matter the situation I find myself, I will always enquire of the Lord. Have you not come across David and his men in the bible? When the philistines came and took his family and that of his men. Even his men were against him, calling him all sorts of names. Yet, he had to enquire of the Lord.
hmmm, Benita this church thing is beginning to make you look mysterious.
church thing? Brenda, that means you are not born again.
of course I am just that yours is too much.
Brenda could not bear the love that Malcolm had for Benita. Malcolm will always come with fruits, her routine drugs. He would sound like Benita was carrying his babies.
The straw that broke the camel’s neck was when Malcolm came with his mum. His mum is a pharmacist living in the U.S .She came to Nigeria and decided to see who his son has always talked about.
Madam Beatrice fell in love with Benita.
- Malcolm, she has to come and stay with me in the U.S . I want here to have her babies there. (To Benita in her sweet american ascent) sweetheart, I have heard your story and all you went through. How you stood for the Lord amidst all. I have been hoping to see this wonder girl. I am happy to see you. Thanks for being part of our lives. Malcolm is my only son. I have two daughters. They are both married. I will take care of you my darling. Come here. ( she gave her a hug) you are blessed.
Madam Beatrice pleaded with Benita to come over to Malcolm’s house so she could stay with her. Benita refused. Madam Beatrice ordered that necessary papers be put in place for Benita to travel back with her.
Benita could not believe what favour has come her way.
Brenda who was filled with Jealousy had her own wicked plans.
To be continued.