Without wasting much of our time, let us proceed in tonight’s teaching. Our attention is needed, as we are going to be participating together in the class
Holy Spirit I ask tonight that you make the atmosphere conducive, make our heart receptive and your word simplified even to the very weakest heart, in Jesus name
Who can remind me the topic before us tonight
HYPOCRISY; A LETTER TO THE ANGER OF JESUS CHRIST
Let me start by asking the following questions
How many of us enjoy releasing stomach gas or pollute the air, farth?😁😁😁
I don’t think we enjoy it but it nature
That’s your opinion
It may sound funny but it is an evidence of good living and not a crime at all
I’m happy to tell you that in my own family here, it’s a competition. If you like cast us, na you sabi
Another question for us
How many of you prays aggressively at home the way you do in church?😁😁😁
Now to we teachers, how many of us make the Bible our companion apart from visiting it whenever we want to preach or teach😁😁😁
Let’s consider our first Bible text as we launch into the deep
1. Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4. They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6. This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
Let us look at some lesson from the above scripture
- The Pharisees came finding fault, yet they are defaulters
- They admitted to the fact that Jesus is a master but they don’t acknowledge His rulership
- They brought the woman alone, where is the man. This is against the law of Moses that they spoke of
- They all left in guilt because of the garment of pride which hypocrisy had design for them
Instead for the men to also ask for mercy, they ran away.
Hmmm; candidates in the school of an Angry God
There were some situations in the Bible that got Jesus angry like;
👉🏼 When they turn the temple to den of thieves and money changers
👉🏼 When he healed the man with a withered hand
But what got Jesus angry mostly is hypocrisy.
Let us look at another scripture. Matthew 7:3-5
- And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
- Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
- Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
Hope I’m not too fast
Let us see another scripture
- Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
- Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
- Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
- Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
- Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
- Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
- And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
We can notice the tone of Jesus while speaking here, it was with fury
Now what is Hypocrisy and who is an Hypocrite
1. The contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretence, sham.
2. The claim or pretense of having beliefs, standards, qualities, behaviours, virtues, motivations, etc. which one does not actually have.
3. The practice of engaging in the same behaviour or activity for which one criticises another; moral self-contradiction whereby the behavior of one or more people belies their own claimed or implied possession of certain beliefs, standards or virtues.
This is what the dictionary defines Hypocrisy to be. If you look at the above definitions, we will discover that those definition are hypocritical to a lame
The grammar there looks confusing
Okay, let me help those of us that do little of English in school like me🤦🏽♂🤦🏽♂🤦🏽♂
👉🏼is the art of appearing falsely in virtue or goodness, meanwhile hiding your real character or intention.
👉🏼It is putting up a show of pretence with respect to religious or moral beliefs
👉🏼It is staging a drama of deception, camouflage or craftiness
👉🏼It is claiming to have knowledge, standards, qualities, virtues or motivations which does not actually exist in us
👉🏼It is to engage in or practising same behaviour or activities which you criticized others for.
👉🏼It is called moral self-contradiction
👉🏼It is giving a wrong impression about yourself
So from all the above definitions; an Hypocrite is someone who practice any of such above
👉🏼Someone who practices hypocrisy,
👉🏼Someone who pretends to hold a beliefs standard or quality, or
👉🏼 Someone whose actions are not consistent with their claimed beliefs.
It is a fraud, deception, camouflage, jittery, chameleon lifestyle and a disappointment; for you to be claiming to be who or what you are not. It is crocodile tears, pretence, sweet talk that doesn’t come from your heart.
Many years back when my wife was still working as a nurse, she relate a scene that happened in the hospital where she worked; a sister came in to the hospital, well dressed like a SU sister no earrings, holiness portrayed and the like, she sneaked to the doctor’s office and guess what, she came for abortion
The doctor called my wife to prepare the instrument that he will use and she should assist him with some things. She said there on the couch the sister was shouting Jesus, even speaking in tongues because of pain. Hmmm! A candidate in the hand of an angry God.
Every body sees her a true child of God outwardly but inside the is a sepulchre
It nearly affected the faith of my wife then because she was just starting to grow spiritually then
Through my years of counseling as a minister of God, I have come to hear and see a lot of things. A sister came to my office one day for prayers and the spirit of God says; I should ask her to confess what she is hiding for her husband before I pray for her.
I was surprised to hear that this sister lied to her husband that she was virgin and she was busy committing immorality with another person, until two weeks to her wedding that she had to stage a drama of rape that the brother was forced to believe when he got to the scene. Hmmm! A candidate in the hand of an angry God.
There are millions of issues that we sweep under the carpet of tongues. I am not saying speaking in tongues is not good but when it is used for cover up or show off
I was ministering on a Sunday service at my branch when I was still in Ago Iwoye (Ogun State)
The Spirit God said there are 4 persons in the congregation that just committed immortality over the weekend, that they should come out; otherwise they will face the wrath of God before the next 3days.
I was surprised when my prayer warrior leader came out; everybody was asked to close their eyes. So I quickly went to this brother to ask maybe he did not hear what I said very well.
The impression I had about him is that of a fire brand, his speech, walk is like that of incarnation of the Holy Spirit. Let me Confess to I do envy him before that day, because of his spiritual life not knowing it was an outward make-up
Hmmm! Sinners in the hand of an Angry God
It is better for you to let people know your present level, it will enable those that can help you to approach you with help.
It angered God, when someone that supposed to be helping you spiritually is now looking up to you that God help me……
Help me to be committed like brother As
Help me to burn like sister TT
Help me to this help me to that like sister or brother so and so.
No wonder the Bible warns that; we should look on to Jesus, the author and the finisher of our faith
Let us look at some of the attributes of hypocrisy or candidates in school of an Angry God
- When you are claiming right standing with God and something is telling you that you are not
- When you hold on to your life, what God have cursed, you are an hypocrite
- Accursed clothes, accursed property, accursed career, accursed relationship and so on
- When you are living a double life or fake life, you are an hypocrite
- When you love the praise of men, you are an hypocrite
- Your intention for serving God or being financial pillar is to receive praise and when you don’t get it you withdraw. You are candidate in the school of an Angry God
- When your life contradicts your word, you are an hypocrite
- When you are appearing stronger than your spiritual life or better than what you really are, you are an hypocrite
During persecution, hypocrisy is irrelevant; because no one can stand or wait. It will shake you and your true worth will be exposed. Chameleon Christianity is hypocrisy
This is the reason why our present day Christianity cannot key in, into the power of old. We blast in tongues without the inner power and fire
“… having a form godliness but denying the Power therefore”
Some people blast in tongues to intimidate others
Some have even got to the level of rating tongues. If it doesn’t sound hebrewish, Latina or Greekly enough; they think it’s not upper room tongues. As if the holy spirit has a register for different sound of tongues.
Bunch of hypocrite
It is the power thereof that matters, it is what the tongue can burn, defeat, effect and affect that matters not the melody
When you are a clever pretender, *you are an hypocrite.
- When you love to please men in whatever you do or expecting people to acknowledge you, you are an hypocrite.
- You refuse to be sincere with yourself, you are decieving yourself.
- You can’t talk to yourself and Sammy, you are sick, you have problem.
- Because people are calling you Papa, you are leading some people, some are even calling you daddy in the church. It get into your head and you fail to deal with your shallowness, I pity you
- Hmmm! Sinners in the hand of an Angry God.
- You are closer to God in with your mouth but you are far from Him in the heart, you are an hypocrite
- All those who run after top position are hypocrite
- Anybody that go ahead to marry an unbeliever is a candidate in the school of an Angry God
Your name is Esther from childhood, now you are now being referred to as Hajia Zainab because you married a Muslim
Hypocrites are best actor, good at pretending. This is the sin that bring Jesus anger in the New Testament.
Your character is what you stand for in the inside. It is what you love doing when you know that people cannot find out
Job 8:13 So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite’s hope shall perish:
Job 13:16 He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.
Job 15:34 For the congregation of hypocrites shall be desolate, and fire shall consume the tabernacles of bribery.
👉🏼Hypocrites will never be used by God
👉🏼Their lots is desolation and destruction
👉🏼 They will not find help when in need
👉🏼 Genuine salvation is far from them
👉🏼God will reject them because of their haughtiness and the spiritual confusion they caused
The way out is for you and I to cry for divine help, Cry to God.
Father I’m a pretender in so so so area and you know Lord, come and help me